Development One Squad – Lead Coach Elliot Pickford
This is our first full time group within the COMAST pathway for junior swimmers wanting to progress in the sport. Swimmers within the group will focus on learning and improving the technique of each stroke, their starts, turns and finishes. Within Development one squad all swimmers attend each session to meet the overall aims as well as help preparation for Development Two squad.
Swimmers within the group will learn about goal setting, lifestyle management and exercises for athletic development. They be aiming to compete at level 3 local competitions working towards Lancashire County level competition.
|18.30– 20.00||Rest||18.30– 20.00||Rest||Rest||Rest||Rest|
|Man Aquatics Centre||Man Aquatics Centre|
|Short Course||Short Course|
All sessions will start & finish with 15mins Pre and Post pool training
Guidelines for entry & exit:
- Swimmers will attend 2 Sessions each week
- Swimmers will be offered transition sessions with Development 2 squad once they’ve demonstrated the correct level of commitment and ability
- Swimmers will be committed to learn and develop all four strokes, starts, turns and finishes to a high standard
- Keep with the training pace of the group and able to swim 400m continuously
- Swimmers will be aiming to compete at level 3 local competitions working towards Lancashire County level competition
- Swimmers will be aged up to 11 years as of 31st Dec based on coaches decision and the individuals Maturation/Training Age
- All Competitions with COMAST unless agreed with coach